YOUNG & RECKLESS PRESENTS
Design a T-Shirt CONTEST
Official Rules and Regulations
The following rules and regulations (the “Official Rules”) govern the Young & Reckless Design a T-Shirt Contest (the “Contest”):
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. ODDS OF WINNING DEPEND ON THE NUMBER OF ELIGIBLE ENTRIES RECEIVED DURING THE CONTEST PERIOD. SWEEPSTAKES OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE FIFTY (50) UNITED STATES, THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA AND PUERTO RICO WHO ARE 13 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER.
- HOW TO ENTER: Beginning April 4, 2016 and through and until April 15, 2016, you may enter the Contest and submit an original design via the Internet at www.youngandreckless.com/DesignaT (the “Entry Site”) and follow the instructions to complete the entry form on the Entry Site (the “Entry” or “Entries”). ALL ENTRIES MUST BE MADE IN ACCORDANCE WITH THESE OFFICIAL RULES AND BE RECEIVED BY 11:30 PM (PST) ON April 15, 2016. ONLY ONE (1) ENTRY PER PERSON AND/OR PER E-MAIL ADDRESS WILL BE ACCEPTED FOR THIS CONTEST.
By submitting any entry into the Contest, whether complete or not and whether eligible or not, each entrant represents and warrants to Sponsor that the entry: (a) is the entrant’s original creation; (b) has not copied, in whole or in part, any other work; (c) does not violate or infringe any copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, privacy or publicity right, or other proprietary or intellectual property right of any person or entity; (d) is not defamatory, libelous, obscene, or otherwise illegal; and € is the sole and exclusive property of the entrant, and is not subject to any third-party rights. Submission of false or misleading personal information, or entries in violation of items (a)-(d), will be grounds for disqualification of entry. Sponsor will not deem proof of submission of an entry as proof of receipt of an entry.
- CONTEST PERIOD; DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION OF ENTRIES: The Contest Period begins at April 4, 2016 at 10 a.m. Pacific Time and ends at 11:59 p.m. Pacific Time on April 15, 2016 (the “Contest Period”). All federal, state, and local laws apply. Entries must be received by 11:59 p.m. Pacific Time on April 15, 2016, to be included in the Contest. Any attempted form of entry into the Contest other than as described herein is void.
- ELIGIBILITY: The Contest is open to individuals who meet the following criteria: (a) are thirteen (13) years of age or older and (b) are a legal resident of and physically residing in one of the 50 United States, the District of Columbia, or Puerto Rico (“Contestant”). Employees, officers and representatives of 54 Reckless, LLC (“Y&R” or “Sponsor), its affiliated companies, advertising and promotion agencies, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, grandparents, grandchildren, in-laws, siblings and children and their respective spouses) and household members of each such person, whether or not related, are not eligible.
By entering this Contest, Contestants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects and cannot be challenged or appealed.
- WINNER SELECTION PROCESS: Following the Contest Period, Sponsor, at its sole discretion, will select two designs from eligible entries as the first and second place winners of the Contest (“Prizewinners”). The Prizewinners will be selected on or before April 29, 2016. Prizewinners will be notified by Sponsor via social media, phone and/or email.
A CONTESTANT IS NOT CONSIDERED THE WINNER OF THE PRIZE UNLESS AND UNTIL SPONSOR HAS COMPLETED ITS VERIFICATION OF CONTESTANT’S ELIGIBILITY AND COMPLIANCE WITH THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
- PRIZE: One (1) first place prize will be awarded and one (1) second place prize will be awarded. The odds of winning either the first or second place prize depend on the number of eligible Entries received during the Contest Period. No purchase of any kind is necessary in order to enter the Contest or win either the first or second place prize, and chances of winning are not enhanced by making any purchases.
The first place prize is as follows:
- One thousand dollars ($1,000.00).
The second place prize is as follows:
- Five hundred dollars ($500.00).
- General Prize Conditions: Prizewinners are solely responsible for the reporting and payment of any and all federal, state and local taxes as well as any other costs and expenses associated with acceptance and use of the Prize not specified herein as being awarded. Prizewinners may be issued an IRS form 1099. There is a limit of one (1) prize per household or family. Each prize is non-transferable. No prize substitutions shall be permitted except at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. The Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize (or portion thereof) of comparable or greater value, in its sole discretion. All prize details are at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. If a prize is rejected or returned by a winner during the Contest Period, the prize may be awarded to an alternate winner selected from the remaining Entries.
- WINNER REQUIREMENTS: Potential winner will be required to agree to the terms and conditions of an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability Release and, where legally permissible, a Publicity Release (together with any other documents that may be requested by the Sponsor and/or prize provider), which must be confirmed with valid proof of age within seven (7) days following the winning notification or the prize may be forfeited. If the winner of any prize is under the legal age of majority in his or her jurisdiction of residence (in the case of Alabama, this means less than 19 years of age, in the case of Mississippi, this means less than 21 years of age, in the case of Nebraska, this means less than 19 years of age or upon marriage, and in the case of Puerto Rico, this means less than 21 years of age), the prize may be awarded to or in the name of a parent/legal guardian who must execute all documents and agree to all obligations and undertakings of the winner, both on behalf of himself/herself and the winner, or the prize may be forfeited. Failure to execute such documents may result in forfeiture of the portion of the prize to which such waiver or release applies. Noncompliance with these Official Rules by any potential winner will result in disqualification and the prize will be forfeited.
- LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY; INDEMNIFICATION AND RELEASE: Any Entry is void if not obtained from authorized and legitimate channels, or if the Entry is, in whole or in part, incomplete, damaged, irregular, altered, counterfeit, produced in error or obtained via fraud or theft. In no event will more prizes be awarded than stated herein. The Sponsor is not responsible for the failure of any submissions not received during the Contest Period. Contest Entities (as defined below) are not responsible for errors or difficulties of any kind whether human, mechanical, typographical, printing, seeding or otherwise relating to or in connection with the Contest, including, without limitation, errors or difficulties which may occur in connection with the administration of the Contest, the processing of prize claims, the announcement of the prizes or in any Contest-related materials. Each winner acknowledges that the Sponsor has neither made nor is in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to any prize, including but not limited to its quality, mechanical condition or fitness for a particular purpose.
BY ENTERING, ALL PARTICIPANTS IN THE CONTEST, PARTICIPANT’S HEIRS, EXECUTORS, ADMINISTRATORS, LEGAL SUCCESSORS AND/OR ASSIGNS RELEASE AND AGREE TO DEFEND, INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS THE SPONSOR ALONG WITH THEIR RELATIVE PARENT ENTITIES AND SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, SUCCESSORS, ASSIGNS, AND ADVERTISING AND PROMOTION AGENCIES AND ALL OF THEIR RESPECTIVE DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, ATTORNEYS AND AGENTS (COLLECTIVELY, “CONTEST ENTITIES”) FROM AND AGAINST ANY AND ALL INJURIES, LOSSES, DAMAGES, CLAIMS AND ACTIONS DUE IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, BY REASON OF THE ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, REDEMPTION, MISDIRECTION, USE OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE OR ANY PORTION OF ANY PRIZE OR PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST AND THE ACTIVITIES OR FOR ANY AND ALL CLAIMS BASED ON RIGHTS OF PUBLICITY AND RIGHTS OF PRIVACY WHETHER ANY OF THESE THINGS ARE CAUSED, IN WHOLE OR IN PART, BY THE ACTS, OMISSIONS, NEGLIGENCE OR MISCONDUCT OF THE SPONSOR AND/OR THE CONTEST ENTITIES.
- RIGHT TO CANCEL OR SUSPEND SWEEPSTAKES; DISQUALIFICATION: The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend the Contest in whole or in part, without advance notice (in the case of Puerto Rico, the Secretary of the Department of Consumer Affairs (“DACO”) will be notified in advance and cancellation or suspension is subject to DACO’s authorization) for any reason, including, but not limited to, should causes corrupt the administration, security or proper play of the Contest. The Sponsor also reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to change the Official Rules at any time during the Contest Period. Persons found tampering with or abusing any aspect of the Contest, or whom the Sponsor believes to be causing error, disruption or damage, or who is not in compliance with these Official Rules will be disqualified and any associated prize claim will be void.
- PUBLICITY GRANT: Except where prohibited by law, the Prizewinner shall be required to grant Sponsor the perpetual and irrevocable right to use his/her name, biographical information, and any other information contained in his/her entry on a worldwide basis, and in all forms of media now known or hereafter invented or discovered, including without limitation, on the Sponsor’s websites, in perpetuity, without further compensation, notice, review or approval.
- OWNERSHIP AND LICENSE: All Contest related materials, including submission entries, designs, and statements (collectively, “Submission”) becomes the property of the Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. The copyright in any Submission shall remain the property of the Contestant, but entry into this Contest constitutes Contestant’s irrevocable and perpetual permission and consent, without further compensation or attribution, to use, reproduce, print, publish, transmit, distribute, sell, perform, adapt, enhance, or display such Submission for any purpose, including but not limited to editorial, advertising, trade, commercial, and publicity purposes by the Sponsor and/or others authorized by the Sponsor, in any and all media now in existence or hereafter invented throughout the universe, for the duration or the copyright in the Submission. Sponsor and/or others authorized by the Sponsor shall have the right to edit, adapt, and modify the Submission.
Any use of any of the Contest Entities trademarks or copyright interest is strictly prohibited and may subject Contestant to civil and/or criminal liability.
- RULES/WINNERS’ LIST: For a copy of the winners’ list or Official Rules, send a self addressed, stamped envelope for receipt by to:
YOUNG & RECKLESS PRESENT
DESIGN A T-SHIRT SWEEPSTAKES
Rules Requests/Winners’ List
54 Reckless, LLC
The winners’ list will be available after April 29, 2016, for thirty (30) days.
- GOVERNING LAW, DISPUTE RESOLUTION: The Contest will be governed by California law. Any and all disputes regarding the Contest or these Official Rules will be settled by final and binding arbitration in Los Angeles, California, pursuant to the rules and procedures of the American Arbitration Association (in the case of Puerto Rico, any and all disputes can be filed before DACO). Except as expressly provided in the Contest to arbitrate, no claim may be joined with another dispute or lawsuit, or consolidated with the arbitration of another claim, or resolved on behalf of similarly situated persons, or brought as private attorney general or on another similar representative basis. For any claim subject to arbitration, you may not participate in a class action in court or in a class-wide arbitration, either as a plaintiff or claimant, class representative or class member.
- GENERAL: Each person (and, if an eligible minor, his/her parent or legal guardian) who participates in the Contest fully and unconditionally agrees to comply with and abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which shall be final and binding in all respects.
- SPONSORS: The Sponsors of the Contest is 54 Reckless, LLC, 3349 La Cienega Place. Los Angeles, California 90016. http://www.youngandreckless.com/pages/design-a-t-shirt-contest